Hiking and exploring opportunities in Zion National Park Utah are nearly endless. My favorite time of year is Autumn. I recommend staying in the park lodge, but don’t try to book at the last moment.
Before your trip, the first thing you should do is pick up Joe’s Guide to Zion National Park. It’s free. Joe describes all the major trails and offers recommended hikes.
The Emerald Pools trail is an easy hike, but it is uphill to the falls (assuming there is any water flowing). What’s easy for Zion might be described as moderate somewhere else.
During our stay we hiked the Emerald Pools trail several times. On our last hike there was much more water flowing but many leaves had fallen off. These images were before the rainstorm.
Feature Image Details
- Canon EOS 6D (I now use and highly recommend the EOS 5D Mark IV )
- Canon 16-35MM F4 L Lens: (my favorite lens) at 24 mm.
- F16 for 0.4 seconds ISO 125
Additional Lower Emerald Pool Image
Other Zion National Park Images
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part Three – Inside the Subway
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part Two – The Crack
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part One – Archangel Falls
- Zion National Park Autumn – Great White Throne
Mike “Mish” Shedlock