Feature Image Details
This is a panorama composite of 12 vertical images taken with a Canon 16-35MM F4 L Lens.
In my previous post I showed a “Green River Overlook”. It is the same “Green River” but a completely different overlook.
This one you can drive right up to with no problem, get out of your car, walk a short distance and take pictures.
But you do need dramatic light, clouds, clear air, and good technique.
I merged 12 different images into that panorama. The right hand side of the image was the most difficult part. Contrast between the sun and the sky was intense. 6 of the 12 images contained various exposures of the sun.
Here is my panorama split into three equal parts.
Other Canyonlands Images
- Canyonlands National Park: Mesa Arch Sunrise
- Canyonlands National Park: Murphy Point Rainbow Sunset
- Canyonlands National Park: Murphy Point Rainbow Sunset #2
- Canyonlands National Park: Grand View Overlook Clouds and Full Moon
- Canyonlands National Park: False Kiva
- Canyonlands National Park: Along Shafer Trail Road to Potash
Mesa Arch, Murphy Point, the Grand View Overlook, and the Green River Overlook are all easy hikes.
False Kiva is a difficult hike and now closed by the park because of vandalism.
Shafer Road is an adventure, not a hike.
If you are at the Canyonlands Island in the Sky district, then Arches National Park is nearby.
For most, it’s probably the reverse, visiting Arches then going to Canyonlands as a side trip.
Arches National Park Images
- Arches National Park: Turret Arch Viewed Through North Window
- Arches National Park: Landscape Arch Glorious Sunrise
- Arches National Park: Delicate Arch Sunset
- Arches National Park: Delicate Arch Milky Way
- Arches National Park: Double Arch Sunset
Those interested in my equipment and recommendations can find it here: Mish’s Equipment List.
Please Subscribe: Click to Subscribe by Email.
If you like this article, please share by email or use one of the share buttons beneath the article.
You can also follow me on Twitter! I have both an economic forum and a photography forum.
MishMoments is a subset of MishGEA. Those interested in photography only should follow MishMoments.
More Canyonlands National Park images coming up.
Please Subscribe and Follow.
Mike “Mish” Shedlock