I am going to wrap up my Great Smoky Mountains Spring trip series with a look at a couple more waterfalls and some more wildflowers.
Don’t overlook the details.
Feature Image – Grotto Falls
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon 24-105MM F4 L Lens at 80mm, F16, ISO 400 for 0.8 seconds.
It’s a matter of choice as to which Grotto Falls image you prefer. I happen to like the detail shot. When approaching scenes like these, try different angles and different focal lengths. I shot the verticle at 31mm.
Once again, bright overcast light is far superior on these woodland shorts.
Chestnut Top Trail Wildflowers
Those looking for Spring Wildflowers can find them in masses along this trail
I shot right along the trail that at 17 mm, F16 at ISO 400, for 0.3 seconds. The foreground is razor sharp but the background is a bit soft. I was not into focus stacking yet on that trip but do it routinely in scenes like these now.
I always like to ask, “What could I have done better?” In this case, the clear answer is to focus stack, that is to focus on different parts of the scene and blend them together in Lightroom or Photoshop.
Please check out my other images of the park.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Little Pigeon River – Spring.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Rainbow Falls – Spring
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Juney Whank Falls – Deep Creek Area
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Tom Branch and Indian Creek Falls, Showy Orchis Flowers
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Trilliums Galore
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Roaring Forks Motor Trail, Noah Bud Ogle Farm, Alfred Reagan Grist Mill
I am going to visit the Great Smokies again this Autumn.
Those interested in my equipment and recommendations can find it here: Mish’s Equipment List.
If you like this article, please share by email or use one of the share buttons beneath the article.
Coming up next: Prague, the capital and largest city in the Czech Republic.
Please Subscribe: Click to Subscribe by Email.
Mike “Mish” Shedlock
3 thoughts on “Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Grotto Falls, Laurel Falls, Chestnut Top Trail, Spring Wildflowers”
Thank you, Mish. Great photos! Coming from central New Hampshire, it all looks so familiar. Can’t wait to see Prague. I would love to go there. F.H.L.
Sent from my iPad
you make it look as if anyone can do this. Like a Matisse work or a whole show of his works or Duchamp, which I left wondering why I can’t do that too. 🙂
Nice post <3 amazing pics!
Do check my blogs on https://mesmotsbysazz.com/